1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price check! 06' F350

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Sep 9, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

In the market for a second truck. Really like the idea of a utility body. Whats yalls opinion on this truck. 2006 Ford F350 XL, 6.0 diesel, auto tranny, crewcab, utility bed. 140k miles, new tires. All doors on bed lock. Asking $10k obo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

The interior is in great condition. Anything specific i should look at on the truck?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

The eot and ect delta. Have a diesel shop look it over
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. blakescape

blakescape LawnSite Member

I would stay away from the 6 leaker I mean 6.0 liter. I'm a ford guy but won't even look at diesel ford trucks made between the years 2003-2010. The 6.0 and 6.4 navistar motors are the reason why ford is making their own diesel motors.
    The 6.0 has a problem mainly with the EGTs (exhaust gas temps) so if you run the truck hard your going to have problems with the motor.
    I would look for a truck with a duramax diesel or 7.3 diesel.

5. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

As long as your deltas isnt too far apart and the rest of it checks out it including the Oasis report it should be good. You used to have a 6.4L if I remember correctly so describing all the 6oh problems would be repetitive. Also double check to see if there is a lot of rust in the utility body.

Edit: If it was a company service truck, who knows what was done to it. Lots of idle time? Wetstacking turbo? You know the ususal stuff.

6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth