1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Price check on height adjuster?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Can you tell me what MSRP is on the height adjuster pin for Hustler Z ?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

16.85 Msrp

3. Soupy

WOW!! I thought for a minute my dealer was price gouging when he charged me $17.69 before tax. A little higher then MSRP, but usually Hustler parts are reasonable. I paid $6 for the same thing from a non Hustler dealer in the past. Oh well, I just thought that price seemed outrageous for a piece of medal that tends to bend a lot and need replaced often. At that price I will remember to lower the deck during transport :)

4. firecapt13

firecapt13 LawnSite Member
    from NC

i paid 24.00 for mine this week

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using Super Z's since 2003 and have never bent a pin. Is the deck jumping out of detent when the mower is trailering?

6. FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN LawnSite Member

Phillips head screwdrivers are hardened steel, will fit the height adjuster holes, and are a lot cheaper than that!!!!

:cool2:

7. LiL Hustler

LiL Hustler LawnSite Member

We pay 16.95 to our dealer. We really think the price is an outrage on hustlers part considering they are only lasting a month. Gets exspensive when you own 4 Hustlers. This winter we will fabricate our own that will last longer and not cost so much.

Sheri

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is what needs to be done.
    I rarely see a bent pin if trailered properly.

Pj

9. Soupy

I agree, but my post was focused on the price rather then the reason for replacement. Even if the pin only needs replaced once the price seems high compared to lets say a mulch kit $89, blowout baffle $50, Hitch kit $29 (which all take much more medal and design efforts). I mean if you guys can offer custom rear bumper's for $50, I would think this pin would be a little cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with Hustler part prices and the examples above would cost much more from other manufacturers. Which is why I was a little shocked and questioned rather my dealer was price gouging. I am happy to find he is not since I just bought a new mower this year from him, and the same day I bought the pin I purchased a Redmax BP blower. I guess he forgot to charge me for the pin is why I received an invoice for it in the mail.