1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

price for 36 exmark viking.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thesargent, Feb 21, 2007.

1. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

what should i expect to pay for a 36 inch exmark viking with ecs controls? thanks.

2. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

$4000.00 to 4500.00. If you don't have to adjust the height. This is a great mower.

Bentley's

3. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

i just bought a 32" toro fixed gear drive with t-bar for $2850 tax and all out the door. I bought this mower just for gated backyards and small properties. It will go places my 48" tthp with ecs wont fit.

4. thesargent

cool thanks. hey bentleys why do you say, if you dont have to adjust the height? is it time consuming? 4500 seems like alot for a fixed deck walk behind. i just called my closest dealer (2.5 hrs. away) and they quoted me at 4799. not gonna happen. i can get a dual hydro huskey for 3499 here in my hometown. or i can get a Quick36, im torn between the two.

5. thesargent

cut n edge, do you have damp and wet conditions? are you happy with your mower? i just think its to wet here to get a belt drive. i need a hydro, for belt slippage reasons. our grass never stops growing here, it just slows down a bit, so we mow all winter. sometimes in pretty wet grass(as long as we aren't leaving ruts). thats why i think i need a hydro.

6. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

if you get in real wet conditions the belt will slip. I prefer not to mow when its real wet just tears up yhe yard hydro or belt. I could not pass up the price, it was real good. Like I said its not my primary mower, It sure beats the crap out of a 21" though and fits through every gate. I passed on the 36"
    cause most of my gated yards are 34" wtf!!! i do like it and its cuts real nice. I got the recycer kit....fancy word for mulch kit for $149. sorry didnt mean to high-jack your thread.:hammerhead:

7. markkemark

markkemark LawnSite Member

I bought my 36 viking 2 years ago and it hasn't failed once yet...and it was used when I bought it...It cost $3200

8. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

The vikings have gone up quite a bit. The last one i bought was a 48" 4 years ago for $3900 new. Called the dealer the other day to see what they are going for and was quoted $4700. Seems like a pretty big increase in just a few years.

9. miketina

miketina LawnSite Member

I bought my 48" metro last year for a little over $2600. Great machine!!!
    32" cost $2200