Price for roundup

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Crossrhodes, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Crossrhodes

Crossrhodes LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you guys work in the price of roundup on your customers monthly bill. Let’s say you go one week and spray a few weeds, the next week no spray, the 3rd week no spray and 4th week some spraying. Do you keep up with each time you spray and don’t spray or do you just have a certain charge that’s the same every month regardless of how much chemical you use? Keep in mind I am just referring to weeds in cracks in concrete and flower beds NOT lawn treatments. Thanks for any input

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Weeds in cracks are part of the maintenance package. I grab the can and walk the property every 2 weeks. Doesn't matter if I spray 200 weeds or 2 weeds price is the same. But if I did my preem correctly and am vigilant on my eow walk through I shouldn't have many issues.

Delmarva Keith and That Guy Gary like this.
  3. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

It's part of ours too but it's an addon, usually an extra $5-10/week for residential. One time cleanup charge in the beginning if it's bad.

hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Crossrhodes

Thank y’all, that’s what I was looking for, the way I do is charge x amount of dollars for mowing then add on x amount of dollars for pruning and x amount for fertilizer and so on to get my monthly price. $5 a month is what I was thinking as the add on price. Again thanks

hort101 likes this.
  5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I guess I could be a little more in depth. When I say maintenance package it is weed control for non turf areas as it's own package. So the bill will look like this

Turf maintenance xx
    Turf fert/weed control xx
    Beds/ nonnturf maintenance xx
    Beds/ non turf fert/weed control xx

That should give you an idea.

hort101 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Crossrhodes

Yes, that is what I was exactly what I was thinking. Thanks

hort101 likes this.