• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

price for sod

kmicki

LawnSite Member
what is the going rate for laying down sod?
she has a 30x30 front yard have to drive 1hr 10 to get there.
I just need some advice what to charge for my time and labor.

Enviro Green

LawnSite Senior Member
Who cares how long it takes you to get there? You don't get paid to commute to work no matter how far away you live....

High end, 750, inc. prep work. plus topsoil if needed (extra cost). Don't forget about delivery fee ifyou have to have the sod deliveir on a small job like this.

EG

desertrat

LawnSite Member
I charge $1.50 sqft. I don't charge driving time or prep, just the SQft. price. I pay $.28 for sod, add prep, labor and whatever else, and usually make $1.00sqft. I charge extra for irrigation.

D Felix

LawnSite Bronze Member
Who cares how long it takes you to get there? You don't get paid to commute to work no matter how far away you live....
[/quote
Off topic for this thread, but it does matter how long it takes you to get there. If it is just you, and you alone, it may not make a difference. But as soon as you have a laborer sitting in the truck next to you, they are on the clock, right? Hmmm, that means you have money going out the door, with none coming in while you are in the truck. See why it matters?

Now imagine you have 6 guys headed to a job 1/2 hour away. 6 guys x $10/hour x 1/2 hour each way x 2 times/day = $60 in wages. Over a weeks time, that means $300 in lost revenue. Or, $15,000 over a years time (50 weeks)....
Travel time matters. PERIOD.

Dan

landscapingpoolguy

LawnSite Senior Member
yur paying 28 cents per sq ft!!!!!!!! Please stop paying retail....I get it for $0.18 a sq ft

Chuck