1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price good for Stihl 600 Backpack???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

$469.00??? I already have a simple Echo 403 which works fine, but looking to throw it on the shelf as a back up and replace it with something a little better. Another thought was purchasing a Giant push blower for a commercial property I have... parking lots/open areas that collect some light/moderate leaves in fall. $499.00

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what the 600 is going for at my dealer.

3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer has it selling for $489. Sounds like a fair price. I paid $539 for my redmax 8000 3 weeks before Stihl came out with the big one.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

$469.00 is the going price here in Virginia also

wayne

5. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a BR600 and the price without tax was $469. The price for a redmax800 series was $100 more.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

$469 is the retail price. That's what I paid.

7. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Last fall there was a special on Echo PB 751's (top of the line). I think they were around $470-480. I bought one last fall and never thought I would get so excited over a backpack. It was almost like a 8 horse Giant Vac strapped to your back. It definitely paid off timewise compared to the little kawasaki I had before. I wonder if they still have that special. Maybe check if the deal is still going on.

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I paid $450 for my stihl br600, and I willing to bet they will last longer than any of the 2-strokes.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what we have here. Last time i was at the dealer.

10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks guys... I totally forgot to do search. Found this same topic already mentioned a million times... :dizzy: sorry.

yea, I think $469.00 was about the average. I had recently purchased a Stihl trimmer and stick edger. Very happy, so I'm thinkin' the BP will make me just as happy.