1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price Increase

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by alowery14, Apr 29, 2008.

1. alowery14

alowery14 LawnSite Member

Can anyone help me to determine the appropriate percentage of a price increase on mowing services. With the price of gas an increase in price is a must! I live in Columbus, Ohio

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Well I don't know your financial issues, but I would raise your prices to where you still are making a profit and not just "sliding by". It's kind of your decision. I am adding anywhere from $3-$5 to each bill for fuel.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I did a 10% across the board increase this year for everyone. I lost a few accounts, more than I would have liked but most understood.

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

i added $2 to SOME of my accounts. the others that i didnt raise make enough profit already.

5. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

well i added $1.50 per mowing and lost 2 out of 40 so far . last week the one i lost said that extra $5.00 a month was just to hard to take . hes going to buy his one push mower for $200.00 . i am waiting to see this it should be good the more money they have the tighter they get .

6. wmcrum6

wmcrum6 LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

If you are keeping records like a business then you should be able to see what your gasoline expenses are for your mowers as well as your truck/trailer.
    Gas has risen 25% from a year ago this time (in Ohio). The unknown factor is where the prices may go the next four months. Perhaps you figure your fuel costs as 30% from last year.

7. alowery14

alowery14 LawnSite Member

All great replies, thanks for your help!