1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

price of installs too low in Houston area

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Landscape dawg, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

I've decided the Detroit Lions are going to be my second to favorite team this year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't know the brand of poly you installed, that's a problem right there.

3. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

What does that have to do with the Detroit Lions?

4. Wet_Boots

no football talk - it's baseball season

5. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

we triple clamp mains, double clamp everything else.

7. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

Round here they single clamp .

To each their own , I prefer PVC , have had great results from it for 25 years
    I personally have no reason to change , there is no benifit to my business or customers.

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

I cant be doing it wrong ,or using the wrong poly . since I dont use poly , I use PVC . Around here they use the poly rated for 100 psi , it has problems on the higher pressure houses , this is a good thing , I am the company who solves their problem , not the company that created it . We are about 80% service , the more problems with sprinklers simply means more service work .
    I realy dont care what type of pipe, heads , valves or controller I repair . I love to meet a new customer who has a poorly designed or installed sprinkler system it just means more service work , plain and simple.

10. Wet_Boots

In any PVC area, I would have doubts on the supply houses stocking good poly pipe. In poly land, the standard utility-grade stuff is utterly trustworthy, because only good material will continue being sold in truckloads to the same suppliers.