Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
give me a price on a standard program. sunny exposure, irrigation, customer reports no history of fungus or any other problems. reccomend a program, and give me a price

·
Registered
565 Posts
50.00 per application.

Jim

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, am i high. i'm very, very high. i am landing some work though. we reworked our formula for pricing this service, but i'm still alot higher than all of you. i did a quote the other day. this ladies property was 7k. i quoted her $462. she showed me what she had been paying. she was using a big commercial outfit for years. their program included a standard program, plus fungicide(as needed), aeration(as needed) overseeding(as needed). they charged her $780 per season. the key thing to this program was the "as needed". i asked her if they did in fact aerate, she said they did once in the last 3 years. i asked if they did in fact overseed, she said once, with the aeration. i asked her if they did in fact apply fungicides, she said never. so this company charged her $780 for the standard program, with the understanding that the "as needed" services were there as an insurence that if she needed it, it would be included at no extra fee. but, if she didn't need it, the fee stayed the same. alot balls if you ask me. they were outright ripping her off, in my opinion. my prices may be high, but they get everything they pay for. by the way, on a 10k property, our price is $660. prepay is required, at no discount. i may be too high. i am currently carrying about 20 fert customers, i need to get that number to about 30. i may be a bit high. thanx for bidding guys

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all granular applications. #1=demension with fert. #2=confront/or millenium with fert. #3=merit with fert. #4=fert. #5=fert. #6=lime(if needed). this totals two herbicides, one insecticide, 5 fertilzings, and one lime(if needed) . fungicides are extra, as are fall weed treatments if they have the need for fall weed treatments .

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat. I mean we don't do anything that is not needed. Your Merit app, while I would do it on my lawn, I educate the client and let them decide. I have to admit, most clients opt to "self insure" their lawn for grubs as opposed to paying 4x the price of a regular weed & feed app for prevention of grubs. Then when I spot the little buggers I charge 2x reg app price for a Dylox or Mach2 treatment. But I sleep well at night, not that you shouldn't bobby.

·
Banned
707 Posts
while i agree with dustycedar when he said 'if you can get it, great'
I would say that your price is pretty high (pricing will be determined by market area and since I'm not in NJ maybe I'm wrong)
HOWEVER, how long before your customer is marketed by another company who's prices are more in line?? Then you not only loose the customer...but they tell all their freinds and neighbors, co-workers, etc etc. that you are way over priced.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when you guys say "per app", please explain. example: weed n feed. it contains the herbicide, and the fertilizer, are you charging this as one app, or two.

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ah. ok. you see, i charge the "weed and feed" visit, as 2 applications. i also charge the merit w fert as 2 applications.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.