Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHATS THE GOING RATE FOR CORE-AERATION AND WERE ARE YOU FROM.
ANTHONY

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
We normally charge 3 times more than what it costs the customer for their grass cutting. Sometimes 4 times more depending upon the terrain.
Located here in PA. Don't know if we are too high or too low, but so far our price hasn't been questioned.

Jodi

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KIRBY; DO YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH SEEDING AFTER AERATION.

·
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
4,830 Posts
We charge 3 times the mowing charge, sometimes 4 times as much depending on how many obsticles there are in the way here in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Got a second question in regard to this post. How many of you remove the cores after you aerate?? Doesn't it screw up your machines if you try to pulverize using your machines?

First time I have a client have their lawns aerated and they leave the plugs there, let them know in the future i will charge them for removal. Second time, guess who get's a bill?
John

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Removing cores in ornamental turf is not necessary. Even in some heavy soils I do, they are dissolved by rain/irrigation in a max of 3 weeks. Assume by machine you mean mower, but my mowing at 2" does not cause any problem after a coring.
It is especially useful to LEAVE THE CORES when aerating to correct excess thatch. Soil and microbes are washed down and trapped in thatch layer, promoting better decay in the future.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys for the info
anthony

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kerby when you said discounts in price above 10,000 sf .
how much.
anthony

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yeah... how much of a discount?

There's a difference between 3 or 4 times the cut and $10-12 per 1000 sf...

Let's say you have an acre account...

44 x $10 = $440 or x $7 = $308

or

$50 (per cut) x 3 = $150 or x 4 = $200

Which is more realistic or fair?

·
Registered
121 Posts
For anything under 5000 sq ft we charge $50. Then add $5 per 1000 after that. Keep in mind this is just for aeration, and it is very rare that you get any lawns over 12000 feet sq in the suburbs of Atlanta. To aerate and seed fescue lawns is a little bit more difficult . It really depends on slopes, bare spots, etc.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.