1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price per Customer? Ever Thought About This?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Scagg Mann, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Scagg Mann

Scagg Mann LawnSite Member

Going to be doing some heavy advertising in 2011. What have you figured it cost you in advertising dollars per customer? I have never kept tract of it in the past but I was thinking it probably cost anywhere from $40.00 to $85.00 per customer we land. Is this correct? Would this be on the low side or the high? We are trying to gain about $25,000 a month in revenue in 2011 which would require about 125 to 140 new residential customers not counting in the commercial clients we pick up.
    Any Ideas?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am assuming you are speaking of lawn mowing customers. I would and plan on paying between $100-$200 each.

3. Scagg Mann

Scagg Mann LawnSite Member

Well I hope that will be on the very high side. with adding 150 mowing accounts that will be about $25,000. I have budgeted about $18,000 and was thinking that was going to be more than enough. We will see how effective we are doing a lot of agressive marketing.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

When I said "I would and plan on paying $100-$200".....I meant myself....literally. I am offering $100 to whoever signs with me. I am also offering $100 to others that will refer somebody to me..so on those I will have to pay 100 to the referee and refferal. This if for new customers only. Whats your marketing plan look like? Sounds pretty affressive and interesting.