1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Price This Cleanup!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Nov 3, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

One yard, about 3/4 of an acre with a solid 2-3 inches of leaves covering the entire property, and all the leaves have to be removed, no tarping and dumping in the woods. I barely ever turn away work, but I think this is just too much for my small operation (new business), since I don't have a truckloader, and the leaves are just way too thick to mulch up. What would you charge to do such a job?

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you should sub contract the job out to someone with a Walker GHS mower. Should handle it no problem.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

DMK, its hard to say without knowing what equipment you have and the capabilities of it. My questions to you:
    equipment?
    thickness of turf?
    what type of leaves?

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I can't give you a price for where you live.
    There are a few variables that I use to determine price. Is it a weekly customer, if not is there potential to become one. Is there add-on services that I can sell now or in the future. IE aeration, fert, dethatch.
    How much of the property is accessable for my Walker? If I can't get thru the back gate then we have a drastic increase in price. Is this a one time clean or do they want you once a week until all are gone?

Lots of questions and they all add up to a general price range and the details differ from job to job and area to area so it isn't fair for me to give you a number.

5. dmk395

from Ma

We are looking at all oak leaves, the gates measure about 6 feet wide. The customer is a one time job. As far as equipment, I have numerous backpack blowers and an Exmark Metro with a metro mulch. I live in a relatively upscale area.

6. dmk395

from Ma

For pricing I was thinking of at least 600.

7. mower

mower LawnSite Member

what town are you working in? I'm just curious.

Thanks

8. dmk395

from Ma

Mower

Mansfield , Foxboro, North Attleboro

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

dmk You have a lot of work with that many oak leaves. I was in the same boat my first year I started this work, the person I bought accounts from didn`t do a fall cleanup and the leaves sat there all winter.I took the mulch kit off mower, and dead cut it to the middle of the yard. Then I ran bagger over to get most of them, then a backpack blower, and had to put all into plastic bags, and haul away. 120 bags whew!!! Go high on the price, because it will take a long time to do it. Now, with the lazer and ultra vac it would be a breeze to do, and I could make a lot more money on the job.

10. dmk395

from Ma

Mow money,

What would u charge, just curious?