Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you charge for the following? 33 1/2 man hours were invested in it, 7 trips were required, each way was 40 min taking the parkway.

Remove hemlock tree from in front of house, prune sycamore off of house, cut down (1) ~8” diameter norway maple from right side of house, cut down (1) norway maple ~7” diameter, dead wood prune taxus shrubs on side of driveway, dead wood prune lilac bushes on side of house, dead wood prune hedge on right side of property, prune other maple trees off of house, rake off rooftop, stack brush in back of shrubs, prune shrubs in front of house for rejuvenation, prune back taxus near patio at side of house.

Move brush farther back in woods, rake up in front of house, clean off deck, cut down 1 uprooted cypress tree in back of pool, cut down dead pine in back of pool, cut down infested hemlock in back of pool, cut down various small, dead trees in back of pool, apply glyphosate to gravel in back of house to kill weeds, clean around patio.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'd really have to see the site to bid. Were the 7 trips @80minutes included in 33.5hrs?

So without seeing
Maybe 5 Reuben sandwiches with pickles and potaoto salad

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
It sounds to me like way too much travel time was involved for the amount of work! As asked above, is the travel included??
Too many variables - to take a stab, your hourly rate * hours + travel one way for 3 trips max + disposal fees if any + travel to dump site

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ill take a stab. Assuming the drive time was included in the 33.5 hours, and none of the tree removals were trecherous, I would come in around $3000.00. This is hard sight unseen though.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drive time was not included in that figure. All the removals were EASY, pole pruner from the roof top, and then chain saw at the ground. The 7 trips were:

1) look at job
2) put in 1 day
3) go back for a tool that was forgotten at the site
4) drop off 1 guy in the morning
5) drop off a second guy
6) go back for them and lunch because I had to do stuff around here
7) go down to get paid.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by fblandscape
The drive time was not included in that figure. All the removals were EASY, pole pruner from the roof top, and then chain saw at the ground. The 7 trips were:

1) look at job----FREE ESTIMATES
2) put in 1 day
3) go back for a tool that was forgotten at the site---YOUR FAULT
4) drop off 1 guy in the morning----shoulda driven to site
5) drop off a second guy---same as 4
6) go back for them and lunch because I had to do stuff around here---same as 4-5
7) go down to get paid.---should send invoice or get paid on spot after finished

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.