Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a customer wanting me to seal drive. How do I price it? What all materials do i need?
I charge from .12-.18 per square foot and you'll have to decide if the the cracks need to be filled and what material you'll need sorry cant help you there with out seeing the job if it's the first time sealing the driveway the expect to use a little more sealer and u can get by with the store bought stuff good luck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
if you dont know how to price it than your in the wrong business. whats your time worth. labor, insurance, taxes, materials etc. gas. I mean that is a dumb answer. everyones pricing is differant. some people can charge less because they get a better price for sealer. you the only one that knows what your costs are

·
Registered
151 Posts
I will try to help you out but only under the condition you answer each one of my questions.

What you should first do is figure out if you are going to do this driveway as a favor for a customer or will this be the first of many more driveways you are planning on doing.

How far are you located from the nearest asphalt sealing material distributor?
Not the stuff in a bucket from lowes but a genuine commercial grade asphalt sealer.

How long has it been since the asphalt was laid and if cracks are present how wide are those cracks?

Has the drive way been sealed before?

On a scale of one to ten with one being loosely compacted / rolled asphalt and with ten being tightly compacted / rolled asphalt...what number would you rate this driveway at?

Finally what is the square footage of the surface of this drive way including the shoulder area of the asphalt?

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you dont know how to price it than your in the wrong business. whats your time worth. labor, insurance, taxes, materials etc. gas. I mean that is a dumb answer. everyones pricing is differant. some people can charge less because they get a better price for sealer. you the only one that knows what your costs are
it's not only sealer cost. what kind of set up do you have? do you pay helpers? low set up cost and lobar cost. we all pay the same for ins,taxes and fuel in the U.S. i bet we are with in a $.50 per gal for sealer, across the board.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not true puddin..... every state is different. my taxes are higher here than in other areas of the country. different state taxes, wormans comp is different, sales tax , even general lability and gas prices so that statement is irrelavant. sealer prices are the only thing we may all be close on I pay 1.85 a gallon.
Costs to run the same business varies from state to state and to anyone that does not believe that than I just dont know what to say to you.
well have fun out there sealing today.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.