Lawn Care Forum banner

Priceing mulching jobs

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
What is the average cost to spead a yard of much?I get it for 18$ per yard .what would be a good labor rate for 1 man?

#2 ·
Anywhere from $65 a yard to $85 a yard around here, but I think that it should be higher. Thats what sucks, everyone around here sets prices so low just to get business and we in the industry have a decision to make whether to stay competitive or tell our customers our fair market price.

The problem with both is that the customer can call anyone and ask for a price and if you are way far from that price they think that you are ripping them off, and if you try to stay competitive and give a cheap price then your basically doing it for nothing and wasting your time. I try to give the happy medium. What that is..........hmmmmmmmm, who knows.

#6 ·
I thought I might be a little low. Reg clients pay $45/yd for HW, non-clients pay $55/yd. I will see about raising this next season.

Oh yeah, I also have a 2 yd minimum.

#8 ·
I get it for 9.50 per yard wholesale. Get average of $65 to put down. To make things interesting, if there is alot of prep work (weeding, etc.) I add labor in separetely.

Some of the bigger companies here get up to $120 per yard. I asked one about a job I had that was 10 yards of mulch, he gave the price of 1200.

The problem I found with mulch jobs is that a majority of my customers fall in the middle class income bracket and these are the hardest people to make any money off of (add on services). I think its because most of them make less than $20 per hour in there jobs they don't understand how you can charge them more than minimum wage for doing yard work. I'm sick of being called to give an estimate on flower bed clean ups and mulching jobs that I would have 3+ hrs in and materials and labor and they complain or do it themselves because 250 seems way to high for me to charge.

Sorry, the more I typed the more PO'd I became.

#9 ·
Just had this question on the landscape forum, I get mulch for about $10/yd. Installed: weeding, edging, mulching i try to get around $100/yd. Got a 20-25 yd. job coming up, we'll go in and do the weeding and edging and i'm going to call the mulch blowers to spray it in for $40/yd. sounds like a pretty good deal, will save me tons of labor. Will be the first time i use them so we'll see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.