1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Prices are going crazy!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kootoomootoo, Aug 11, 2003.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Go do a quote today......

30000 sq ft. Rockhound, 40 ton of soil spread and seeded.
    Gave Mrs. a Price of $4000 ...........shows me a written quote of $2195.

Wonder if the guy will turn up!

Typically around $1000+ per 10000 sq ft Rockhound & Hydroseed here in the Midwest.
    What are other guys quoting...and or getting?

2. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Had another one today........60000 sq ft for $2000.
    I quote $3500 and he wants to know how much soil is included.
    Told Mr. I see none in your future.

3. sidebuz

sidebuz LawnSite Member

I typically don't use the Rock Hound. For a Harley Rake (SS model), I charge six cents for small yards (10,000 sq. ft, $200 min) and low as two cents for large yards (acre +). Hydro seeding starts at six cents/sq. ft ($200 min.) and the cheapest I'll do it is 3.5 cents/sq. ft (once again, acre +). I haven't gotten a lot of the bigger jobs. People are doing acre jobs for $1300 or less per acre (dry seeding though, incluedes prep) in this area. I guess they like to work and not get paid a lot:) Hope this helps...

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Hold on to your hat,things will get better.It's the economy,People are just trying to get by.This too will change.

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The product you mention is not in my vocabulary. Soil yes.

About the last post about the economy - yes, it appears like people are on a culture "gliche" at the moment for bargains.

The bargain hunt craze is already winding down here.

I just got a $13,000 install, which is big for me. In fact, since we do so much pruning, installs can really cause the 1/2 and 1 day pruning projects to pile up.

This one has a pond, a dry creekbed ( to be a concealed cistern), a gravel and stone patio, and replacement of all plant material.

It will be an entire webpage in itself next fall - a start to finish with all the elements.

So things are picking up.

Sure they will for most everybody.

Notice the unemployement rate dropped?

6. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

We get about 13 cents per sq ft for grade/seed/hydroseed