Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,084 Posts
1 sq ft 40.00
1000sq ft 40.00
2000 sq ft 45.00
3000 sq ft 50.00
Over 3000 sq ft some where between 7.50 and 15.00 a thousand + 25.00.

This is in my area and may vary to where you are at.

Also do a search I belive there were many others lately.

· Registered
102 Posts
I did two small ones Friday - both with overseeding and starter fertilizer. First - 2200 sq ft - $135, second 5500 sq ft - $250

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I just started Aerating this year and just do it for 3 times what i mow for. Seems to work out fine.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
Damm you cant go by what these guys are getting :eek: in my area if you said $50 for 3k sq feet you would get laughed at. $6 to $7 per 1K is About the going rate in my town the market is really flooded here with guys that only aerate and drive the prices down :( plus most rental places around here rent aerators with a little trailer for $30 for 2 hours. If you guys are getting $15 for 1K more power to ya wish I could ;)

· Registered
885 Posts
Harry I know prices on here are very easily to inflate. Aeration is something I don't push unless the customer is willing to pay what I need. I didn't think the customer that I did today would go for the job figuring it was to high,but they did. :)

· Banned
2,403 Posts
$5/k for a 5' aerator, two passes, minimum 1 acre.
Half that for a single pass, minimum 2 acres.

Dave

· Registered
491 Posts
Been doin a lot of serching/asking on this myself..... got 2 estimates out to regular customers..... I'll let ya know.

I quoted $10/1000.... both props are 32k of turf...... I will use a (rental) tow-behind with my Lazer....... also, If both go for it, I will do on the same day, as well as my own lawn, therefore making good use of the $40.00 rental fee.

· Registered
609 Posts
HarryD you're right on it. I our area $7 /1000 sqft is it.

Some of these service fees quoted in some of these posts is a bit way outrages for NE - but hey, how much do you guys pay for your corn in NY?

Good Luck
PC

· Registered
102 Posts
When I give estimates I try to include in my price the rental cost of the aerator, the price of seed and fertilizer, some travel time, and an estimate of the amount of time to perform the job. I shoot for $40 - $50/ hour for time worked. I sell the customers on doing a better job than competition by doing a double crisis-cross aeration, using Mantis tiller to work up bare areas, using drop style speaders to assure uniform application of seed/fertilizer, and finally leaving them with a brochure explaining aeration. I tell the customer to compare my steps in completing the service versus competition. Obviously some customers shop just on price but others look for price and service given. Use the $10-$30 / 1000 sg ft price as a gauge but don't work for less than cost of equipment, supplies, and an adequate hourly wage.

· Registered
665 Posts
I charge 10.00 per k seed an fert 13.00 per k=23.00 per k .Have talked to several guys big an small in my area an they are between 23 an 25 the big ones (BIG HIGH over head ) here are 35.00.like the chem lawn 's an such.I think i'am fair .I owne both walk behind an pull that i pull with my quad.

· Registered
371 Posts
I honestly don't know how you guys are getting this for aerating. If I was making $10-12 per K for aerating, you can bet you would never see me on a mower. Are any of you honestly making $120 per hour per man mowing?? If not, sounds like you should be aerating full time. I see ads and flyers all the time around here saying "most lawns $37-42". These are 8-10k lawns. Chemlawn does get a higher rate but like it or not, they do have a big name that they can use. They seem to lowball the fert. and go crazy with the aerate quotes.
A 1 acre lot for me would go for around $125-150. I would love to charge $450-500 to aerate 1 acre (@$11 per K) in 90 minutes but it's not going to happen. LOL.

· Registered
1,070 Posts
$10.00 per K. $60.00 minimum.

I mostly seed, and fert/lime at the same time, which is $35.00 per K. I aerate a minimum of 4 times, twice, then put down materials, then twice again. Even with the 3 pt aerator, with double tines, less than 4 times is a waste of time and seed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.