1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Prices on 2002 dixie xxwd5000 72" diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TMlawncare, Mar 22, 2002.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

What prices have you guys seen from dealers on a new 2002 xxwd5000 72" diesel mower. I went to four different dealers in three states (about a 120 mile radius) and found that list price is approx $17800 and commercial price is about $16800. Commerical price is the price that dixie recommend its dealers sell their products for to lawn care professionals. Three dealers would not budge even a dollar off the commercial price. The other dealer went down to $16400, thats what I ended up paying. All the dealers stated that the 2002's were about $800 higher due to special financing offers and changes made to the 2002 model.

I was browsing the net and found a guy that just ordered a 2002 for $14000. The best price I have ever found was $15600 on a new 2001 model..........What have you guys found price wise.

2. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

Well I'm the guy that got it for 14k before taxes, it was 14,700 after taxes. I feel I got an excellant deal on it. Sure it a mark up in them. I wonder what the dealer gets them for? I am looking forward to picking up my mower here in about two to three weeks.