Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good price to charge for a 1/4 or more lawn? I keep my prices low right now because most of my customers can't afford what the pros charge. So what price do you charge? payup

·
Registered
291 Posts
Its Simple. Find customers that can afford ur service!! :dizzy: You should at least have about a 25.00 minimum. Its hard to tell with out knowing how much mowing, trimming and blowing is. I pray to god that ur not charging less than 20.00

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some that are 20 and most are above that. I trim egde and blow all my lawns. But some of the cheap lawns I mow want more than just the lawn cut for 20 for two weeks. They want the back yard raked up and all kinds of stuff. I told them you're getting a lot for 20 dollars right now. That other stuff is extra.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Scott, With out looking directly at the property and doing a little walk around you not really can't get a straight answer from someone. Red oak brought up a good point have a minim that your willing to stop for like me for example I will not stop for less than $35.00 even if its a 12" X 12" square it's $35.00 no questions. I got a call on Sunday of last week a woman wanted a quote so I said ok I'll be out on Monday and to make a long story short she just about sh*t herself when I gave her my price. I looked over the property and figured out that I could do it for like $70+, I had asked if she had someone doing it before and she said yes so I asked how much when she told me my jaw dropped the "other guy" was charging $25.00. So I just walked away and did'nt look back.

Sorry for being so long winded.

Rob

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
for anything under a quarter acre, let $110 and acre be your guide. mowing small lawns, you have to charge a lot more per acre than if you were doing a four acre property. for instance, I would charge $60.00 an acre for a 4 acre property = $240 per cut. of course, the price goes up and down depending on the amount of trees, trimming, do I have to use a 36" because the gate won't let the Z in...... anyway, you get the idea. my minimum is $25.00, no matter what the size of the yard is. if it's an every other week, the minimum is $35.00.

just don't charge less than $100.00 per acre for anything under .5 acres.

418 Posts
Man it must be nice to live someplace where people will pay that, when your in a small town people will just go out and buy a mower rather than pay you

i live on a half an acre and no way in hell would i pay 100 bucks per cut nor would i ever charge that

·
Registered
743 Posts
What kind of Edger did you get Scott? :)
You come on very professional howabout we tell everybody about how your looked upon on another forum.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a redmax bcz2600s. I'm getting a stihl handheld or mclane edger after this season. Along with my bp blower and snapper rer.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Joe'slawnmowing said:
Man it must be nice to live someplace where people will pay that, when your in a small town people will just go out and buy a mower rather than pay you

i live on a half an acre and no way in hell would i pay 100 bucks per cut nor would i ever charge that
notice I said PER ACRE, that would make your lawn a $50 a week lawn or $200 a month plus tax (approx $8.00).

no way I could get $100 for a 21,000 sqft lawn. maybe if it was full service and every thing, but other than that, no way.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
iluvscag said:
What kind of Edger did you get Scott? :)
You come on very professional howabout we tell everybody about how your looked upon on another forum.
let me speak on this one....

howabout we don't, he moved to this forum because he is trying to make a fresh start. I told him over there that it was going to happen a number of times, but he wouldn't listen. soooo we gave him the boot and now he's here. doing quite well I might add. :waving:

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
TClawn said:
notice I said PER ACRE, that would make your lawn a $50 a week lawn or $200 a month plus tax (approx $8.00).

no way I could get $100 for a 21,000 sqft lawn. maybe if it was full service and every thing, but other than that, no way.
lol still the prob is around here we get 40 - 60 per full acre if it's 1 acre.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As mentioned above, all my houses are a minimum of $25, I do have 3 garden homes that basically have just a small front, I weed eat a narrow path on the side, takes 15 minutes to cut and edge. Charge $20 for these would be $25, but they are all together;so I don't have to drop the gate but 1 time. Generally it works out to be $1 per minute on my end. I do have several that pay more b/c they like the service I am providing. Also I get several calls for a 1 time cut each week. I can usually tell over the phone that it is knee high and the homeowner has let it get out of hand. I then charge 2x my usual rate and offer to put them on a regular schedule priced at my normal rate if they desire. What happens then is they try to keep the lawn up, decide it's too hot etc., then call and sign up with me. Works out in the end..More heat more customers, however I've been knocking out the gatorade lately. 96 w/heat index of 105, humidity at 100% in MS.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
topsites said:
lol still the prob is around here we get 40 - 60 per full acre if it's 1 acre.
so your saying you could actually MAKE money charging $20 for a half acre? or do you have a minimum. there is no way you are going to get a property below .5 man hours for a .5 acre property. and then you have your drive time.....

the reason the price is high, is the drive time. if you park your truck there and go, I agree, $40-$60 and acre is a fair price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.