1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Prices?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kaegilandscaping, Nov 30, 2010.

1. kaegilandscaping

kaegilandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey. I was hoping to get your guys ideas with some prices. How much would you charge for the following:

14 acres of grass cutting?

10 acres of fertilizer?

10 acres of seeding?

10 acres of aeration?

Include labor and materials. Or just labor. Any input helps.

Thanks.

2. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in zone 9/10.

Try telling us what kind of grass & is it open field, treed, rough terrain, etc.

What kind of seed... then read the label for how much you'll need X the price & the time to put it down. Are youdoing a johny Appleseed?

Aeation... what type of terrain and how much does it cost to rent one and can you do it in a day?

YOU ARE going to need to do the math on this.

3. kaegilandscaping

kaegilandscaping LawnSite Member

It is just a huge open playing field. Sports turf grass. No trees or rough terrain. I feel like it would take 10-12 hours to cut. What would be a competitive price for that? What kind of mower would you use? I 50 inch zero turn crazy to use?

The seed I would be using is Sports turf seed.

The amount of fertilizer is $2000 bucks worth. I have no idea how much to charge for labor or how long it would take. Take as long as cutting grass?

Aeration - I have a 4 foot aerator. But that might take a long time to do ten acres. Again no idea how much to charge for labor. Take loner than cutting grass?

Any advise you have on each job would be awesome. I factor it will take almost 12 hours to do each. What do you think? How long it would take with what equipment? What would be a competitive price for each?

Thanks.