1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

pricing arbavitae trim

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jsf343, Jan 31, 2007.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am curious what some of the different ways of pricing arborvitae trimming are. Anyone price by the foot? The last one we did was about 100 feet long and 7 feet high. She only wanted them shaped basically. we charged her $425.00. (I feel like we charged a fair price for her and us) She said the last company charged around $500.00 but they took off more, and it took them a bit longer.Anyone charge differently then by the hour? The reason I ask is we have another potential customer with about 250 feet, 8 feet tall.

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do $60 per hour plus a disposal fee of $25, $50, $75, $100 or more depending on how big the job is. For smaller shrubs, I also change for each shrub...like $5 for small basketball sized ones, $7 for medium tire sized ones, $10 for large Reclining chair sized, $15-$100 for any that require ladder work. For a hedge like you have I would just go hourly.

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

For something like that we charge by the hour. I try to give the customer a general estimate of what it might cost (eg 6-9 man hours for trimming and clean up)