Pricing for a Redmax BCZ260TS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JayinKs, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

They have a store near where I grew up. When we go back there to visit, I always go in and look around.

2. JayinKs

JayinKs LawnSite Senior Member

I’m a guard on guy. I tried taking the guard off my fs94 one time and I hated it. Just not my thing.

Scottdubya83 likes this.
  3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Put a SF400 on the 260S, and run Echo BD line. You won't need more power. It is like adding another 1/4 hp to mine when switching from Oregon GMST to BD. Now watch, after I build up the 260, you get one that has no cohones LOL LIke I said, my first one was a lemon, but this one I have ran for all last season and all of this one so far and it is just a great trimmer and very well balanced, even with the guard on. It feels lighter than it is even though it isn't heavy to begin with.

I would like to get to use a 2660 one of these days, but I would have to buy one to try one, and not many places around here sell Echo's full line.

Scottdubya83 likes this.
  4. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

Are you referring to the older model Red Max (2660) or did you mean 2620 (echo)?

Edit: Nevermind, I see you meant to say echo’s 2620.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Yep, my bad. The 2620.

Scottdubya83 likes this.
  6. JayinKs

JayinKs LawnSite Senior Member

I bought some .105 BD yesterday to try out with my fs94. I bought the .105 cuz I’d heard the .095 seemed to be kinda small compared to other .095’s. And I heard it like to break off easier than .105. I’ve done two yards so far and it does cut smoother than rotary. And actually, the 105 is holding up pretty good for durability. I was weed eating some 12-14” crabgrass(my favorite grass) and was cutting through quite well. There’s a couple things I like better about rotary but the BD is pretty good.

7. Scottdubya83

Scottdubya83 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central, LA

I bought 1lb of black diamond in .095 to try out. I honestly can’t tell a difference between it and Rotary .095 (my regular / favorite line). It definitely is a little sharper to the touch, but don’t notice any benefit from this over rotary in use. It is no doubt great line as (IMO) it is on par with Rotary Vortex which has been my favorite line by far. Problem is, I think I paid $18 for 1lb at HD, and I buy Rotary 5lb spoils for $45 at my dealer, which equals $9 per pound. So the BD is exactly twice the price. I will stick to Rotary in the future unless I can get BD spools for less...

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The spools of .095" I have had have all been the same size as other .095" lines. I have yet to try the .105, but will get some sooner or later.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

10. ShaneL.

ShaneL. LawnSite Member

the bcz260ts is a powerhouse.i'm really enjoying it. I also have a shindaiwa T262 which is really powerful as well but the weight difference with the redmax is the gamechanger.. FYI I run the maruyama speed head ,its a tad bigger than the 400 head but smaller than the 450 and I find it doesn't bump quite as easily as the 400 when trimming around roots and what not..