Pricing for cleanup and digging bushes

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by AllDay78, Mar 18, 2018.

1. AllDay78

AllDay78 LawnSite Member

What would be a reasonable price on a bid for digging out 6 bushes, spearing a hour worth of shrub trimming and Covering disposal? Total job time 2 men at 4 hours.

2. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

In my area around $320 but I wouldn't give customer the hourly price just a one price covers all estimate. Remember every area is different and different businesses have different expenses so prices will vary. Also...how big are the bushes your digging out?

AllDay78 likes this.
  3. jonnyz37

jonnyz37 LawnSite Senior Member

remove 6 medium shrubs (pulling out with truck, not hand digging) is 270 (45 each), one hour of trimming is 60, and disposal is 50...so total of 380 for me.

4. SS Lawn Care

SS Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I had a job like this once that I thought would take 4hrs, even pulling bushes out with truck. There were a couple bushes that my truck had a hard time pulling out. I ended up having to pick axe and chain saw these roots while pulling simultaneously. I also had 2 men on the job, by the time it was over I had 6 hours in it! I quoted $400, but wished I had $600 when I was done. The other thing, after that I had the feeling that I didn't want to abuse my truck like that ever again. Transmission repairs cost alot more than $400 dollars.

AllDay78 likes this.
  5. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just use dead weight of truck to pull out, not beating on transmission. My truck weighs 5000 lb...bushes don't stand a chance. I once saw a guy pull 8 bushes in 30 minutes with a skid steer with fork lift attached to front .just plucked em like radishes.