Pricing for stand-up / ride-on aerator rental

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by vtx531, Jun 16, 2018.

1. vtx531

vtx531 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone. I am located in SW Michigan. I recently aquired a stand-up / ride-on aerator - Classen SA-25. Seems to be a great, solid machine so far, very heavy, pulls great plugs...but I can’t justify the cost unless I am able to share it / rent it out.

#1 - Would there be any interest? Maybe you prefer to have your employees run a rented walk-behind that is cheaper? Maybe you already have your own walk behind unit so you arent willing to spend money to rent a ride-on unit? Would there be ANY interest in renting a stand-up / ride-on unit?

#2 How much would be a fair price for rental? Would anyone be interested in cheaper rate for summer months?

# 3 What term length would you prefer? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

#4 If you normally rent a walk-behind unit - how much more (if any) would you be willing to pay for a ride-on?

As far as I can see, nobody in the area or most areas provides this rental option. My goal is to provide a rental service that can increase the profitability of your business and increase employee moral/decrease friction with employees. If this makes no sense and you think this is a dumb idea, I would also love to hear from you! Any advice - positive or negative - would be appreciated!!!! I GREATLY value your input and this concept will be based upon your feedback.

Thank you.

2. vtx531

vtx531 LawnSite Member

Looking at $250/day - thoughts?

3. CorgiTurf

CorgiTurf LawnSite Senior Member

I rented an ex mark from a local dealer, 275 per day. Ended up being 295 with tax etc

4. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

In Pennsylvania the going rate is like 170 to 190

5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

190 is what we rented one for per day in VA.

gfwjr2 likes this.
  6. vtx531

vtx531 LawnSite Member

I ended up selling it, thanks.