1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

pricing for xmas lights install

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TURF BUDDY, Nov 15, 2004.

1. TURF BUDDY

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

anyone have an idea what a fair price is for installing these holiday lights. (per ft or by the job). Also are you furnishing the lights, heaven forbid if I had to dig through past Christmas lights all rolled up in a disfigured mass of exposed wire and missing bulbs. bah-humbug that would be very time consuming. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. TURF BUDDY

TURF BUDDY LawnSite Member

Anyone out there doing holiday lights, I would appreciate some comments on what to charge... thanks

3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard of guys doing it on here....I just don't know how lucrative of a business it is in the midwest.

4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Drosgr, I used to work weekends for a guy in Wichita that netted about 400,000 a year and only worked 3 maybe 4 months doing only lights. He designed and made lawn pieces with rolled iron and rope lights, and the setups he used for houses were all built to fit the house. I think he charged all his customers a fee to store the lights for the year as well. I've been meaning to get in touch with him about prices and suppliers to start up in my area. I think it was called Lightworks.

5. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

Most companies in OK get $55-$75 for a three man crew, lights are marked up however the company wants. You can get bit if you try to quote a job, some also do it a linear foot but I have not found a good formula. We are doing at least 1 sometimes 3 houses a day now.