• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

pricing HOA's

OP
I

image1

LawnSite Member
Dennis im a 2man operation i think i can do it in 4or 5 hours at 60 an hr. 5 hours would only be $300. 50to 60 is the going rate for a 2 man crew sometimes i pick up a xtra man which saves me time.i think im going to go with 400 per cut,this place is very nice and only a few picky people i will have to deal with.

OP
I

image1

LawnSite Member
I cannot believe nobody else on here cuts hoa's.TRUGREEN is doing it for $4dollars a door aint that crazy.Need some replys soon.

Cutters Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
If you think you can do it in 5 hours with a 2 man crew and get $400 per cut then go for it. That would be 10 manhours. $40 per manhour isn't bad. But I do agree with everyone that HOA'S are PITA'S. I only deal with one but it seems like every two weeks i'll get a call about something extra. I tell them that it's not in the contract but I can do it for x amount. They never do it because they don't want to spend any money but they keep thinking I will do it for free. This happens all the time. If you do get the job just make sure you have everything covered your contract and make sure they understand the things that aren't included in the per cut price. What part of GA are u from???

OP
I

image1

LawnSite Member
Cutters Lawn Care i am in griffin i cannot get $40 per man here max is $60 for 2 men per hour unless people dont know any better TRUGREEN is really hitting hard in this area and i dont know how they make a profit.There price is $300 per cut i bid $350 per cut and this is my bottom dollar.

DennisF

LawnSite Bronze Member
Image1
I would walk away from this one. You can get more per hour from individual accounts and not have to deal with a HOA. I know that you're thinking you might be able to do the job in a short period of time and increase the profit margin on the account. But in the long run you'll be working for a lower per hour figure and putting up with BS from the residents of the complex. It's not worth it.

Trugreen is either using low wage illegals to do the lawn care or they are making their profit on chemicals. That's the only way they could make money at those rates.

CSRA Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Image, this may well be worth your time, we service several HOA's and, while it is true that they are picky, they are also some of my best customers. There are HOA's that I really wouldn't care to deal with ... so I don't. I say go for it. Sounds like you're right on with your pricing and you may surprise yourself by being able to get it done quicker and better as time goes on.

OP
I

image1

LawnSite Member
Thanks csra i dont know how long it will take me i hope 3 hours with two men. I reall dont keep up with my rate either i know what i have to make and we stay above that and everything works out real good so for. I have had this buisness for 4 years and we gross more @ more every year. Last year was a little wet and kept us behind a good bit maybe this year wont be as bad.