1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

pricing jobs (other than mowing)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lakeside, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

when asked to weed a flower bed, prune trees, trim hedges, haul off, take out dead ______, etc. do you charge by the hour? if so, what's your rate? if not, how do you bid the job? i have been getting jobs too easy, and i have a feeling it's b/c they are shocked at the price. i have been in the 60-75 dollar/hour range with 2 workers....

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

If the job is large you can drop the hourly rate down if its small it goes up, its kinda like buy 10+ now its only 1.50 instead of 3.99. I've been charging $30-40-50-65 tops/hr I'm only p/t and I still make a good buck. I mean don't short yourself, get what you need, if they can't afford your good work....oh well. Labor+Dumping+Equipment=Price.

Jeff

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

60- 75 per hour is very good if you are by yourself but if you have 2 workers then you should add in their hourly rate onto yours, otherwise you are basically paying them out of your pocket.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

$60-$75hr per man... per hour. :cool:

5. Lakeside

Lakeside LawnSite Member

thanks guys! that's the advice i was looking for...