1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing lawn by the square foot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stihl036pro, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I am thinking of pricing mowing this year buy the square footage. I have not done this in the past, but I think if I get a good system down then it might be more accurate. They way I price lawns now is just loking at them and firguring out how much time its going to take me. This works but sometimes I do get burned. Does anyone use the square footage method of priceing and if so then how does it work. Thanks

2. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to check out the thread titled industry standard, it might help you out a bit.

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Never by sf. I can walk a yard and give a price. This as worked for me 20 years

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I made a formula for me that is based on square feet. It works really well, and fast too when giving a quote. I will never do it any other way now. My system is just too easy now, and very accurate too!

Just go thru your numbers and you will come up with a factor that you can multiply by that will work according to your area and your pricing.

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Do a search. There are so so many posts about this subject. I price everything by the sq.ft or sq.yd. I have a formula for everything. Obviously, if its a small property, I dont have to measure to quote a price because it will get the minimum charge,but I still measure for future resources.