1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Lawn Care Applications

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by One Degree, Feb 24, 2003.

1. One Degree

One Degree LawnSite Member

I was going to see how everyone prices applying herbicides and Fertilizers. I came up with a 6 step and an 8 step program. I was thinking about $10/1,000 ft2. I was wandering if charging by 1000ft/2 is how most of you do it or do you just charge a certain amount per application. I have about 3 competitors in my town (Approx 20,000 people) but larger surrounding towns. My competitors seem to only spray 2-4 times per year which is fine if the grass is healthy and weed free. It seems that they are not getting the lawns weed free, so I figure I can offer a better program than my competitor. Please give me some feedback on how much to charge and what to consider when expanding my business to spraying. I have found that insurance/licenses etc. will run $800/year. Sprayer $1,700. Chemicals $600 startup. It will cost me approx $3,000 to get started. I already have approx. 10 verbal agreements on lawn treatments but would plan to advertise my service upon starting. All feedback is appreciated.