• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

pricing lawn cuts

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
im new to this site, and want to thank all of u , you have been very helpfull. ive been in business now about 4 years, and just starting to turn a good profit. i usually estimate a lawn cut by eye. ive read here that alot of guys charge based on a stop fee, and calculate an hourly rate. i like the idea, but how much is a stop fee, and how much per hr is reasonable for a solo operator?my lawns are in groups of 2 or 3 , and the groups are about 10 min apart. i just dont want to be "lowballing " the work. any help is, as always, greatly appreciated. BOBBY

OP
B

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
oh, sorry guys, im located in northern new jersey. BOBBY

LJ lawn

LawnSite Senior Member
yeah, no lowballing. we already have enough of those around central N.J.#%***+%!! SCABS!!!!i'd still like to know who this guy is- since he apparently knows me.BOB?(anyone from N.J. thread)-LJ

Spence

LawnSite Member
bubenberg,

What do you mean by $20- $25 per trailer gate drop? Do you mean that you should not charge no less than about $20 to do a job, no matter how small it is? Or did you mean something else?

LJ lawn

LawnSite Senior Member
$25 dollars absolute minimum (still to cheap i think)to come out =( fuel+time) and take my machines off my trailer= (fuel+time),mow lawn= (fuel+time). no matter if it's a grave marker size lawn. $20 dollars if there are 2 next to each other (small lawns).only scabs work for free.plumbers and electricians charge minimums, why can't we?

OP
B

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
well, i meant if u calculate yur estimates based on a stop fee, and hourly rate, what do u charge for a stop fee, and what is a fair hourly rate? hey LJ, u seem a little stressed out, this is a very competative business, dont u think lowballers, and scabs will inevitably put them selves out of business? if u email me, ill tell u who i am. bobbygedd@aol