1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing lawn cutting by the year

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Global Organic, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Global Organic

Global Organic LawnSite Member

Our season in Ontario Canada is from mid April to the end of October. It is a one person job. For lawns up to 3000 sq ft I am thinking of charging $495 for the season. Does this sound high or low or close?
    Thanks

2. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

I did that when I 1st started, how about $22.50 per cut, smaller/$20, larger $25......always add that .50 cents, really adds up on the monthly charges:waving:

3. dylan

dylan Member

Hi Global
    Welcome to the site.
    I'm in Ottawa, ON and might be able to give you some local insight.

in Ottawa, the low guys get $15-$25 per cut or $300 to $500 per season.

i used to cut at $550 and just couldn't make it work.
    Several of the bigger long term companies in the area charge $600 to $900.

Last year I jumped to $1200 per season. Best decision in a while!

Don't sell yourself short.
    Dylan

4. TheGCentre

TheGCentre LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I am working in Richmondhill, Ontario. It's great to see some Canadian members on this site.

I'm still in the process of starting, so I am doing a lot of reading up on this site and it has been a great help.

Dylan, if you don't mind me asking. How often do you cut the grass and what other services do you offer for $1200/season?

Thank you for your help

5. gofrisbee

gofrisbee LawnSite Member

Dylan, does that mean you are only cutting 20 times a season? Are you charging $60/cut when others are charging $15/cut lowball and $45/cut bigger companies? or do you cut more than 20 times a season?

6. cenlo

cenlo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I base all cuts on 24/season and a 3000ft2 lawn would be min. $30.00-$35.00. They pay per season and extra over 24 cuts. If you are insured, with equipment this should be a min. If you start lower it will take you years to get the prices up.

7. TheGCentre

So do you do it once a week! Once every two weeks? What are the cutting rotations?

8. cenlo

from Ontario

Once per week.

9. TheGCentre

So I'm assuming you have assigned days to customers! Monday for house X, Tuesday for house Y and so on? Am I right?

10. cenlo

from Ontario

You are correct!