• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Pricing lawn cutting by the year

Global Organic

LawnSite Member
Our season in Ontario Canada is from mid April to the end of October. It is a one person job. For lawns up to 3000 sq ft I am thinking of charging $495 for the season. Does this sound high or low or close?
Thanks

nocutting

LawnSite Senior Member
I did that when I 1st started, how about $22.50 per cut, smaller/$20, larger $25......always add that .50 cents, really adds up on the monthly charges:waving:

dylan

Hi Global
Welcome to the site.
I'm in Ottawa, ON and might be able to give you some local insight.

in Ottawa, the low guys get $15-$25 per cut or $300 to $500 per season.

i used to cut at $550 and just couldn't make it work.
Several of the bigger long term companies in the area charge $600 to $900.

Last year I jumped to $1200 per season. Best decision in a while!

Don't sell yourself short.
Dylan

TheGCentre

LawnSite Member
Hi guys, I am working in Richmondhill, Ontario. It's great to see some Canadian members on this site.

I'm still in the process of starting, so I am doing a lot of reading up on this site and it has been a great help.

Dylan, if you don't mind me asking. How often do you cut the grass and what other services do you offer for $1200/season?

Thank you for your help

gofrisbee

LawnSite Member
dylan said:
Hi Global
Welcome to the site.
I'm in Ottawa, ON and might be able to give you some local insight.

in Ottawa, the low guys get $15-$25 per cut or $300 to $500 per season.

i used to cut at $550 and just couldn't make it work.
Several of the bigger long term companies in the area charge $600 to $900.

Last year I jumped to $1200 per season. Best decision in a while!

Don't sell yourself short.
Dylan
Dylan, does that mean you are only cutting 20 times a season? Are you charging $60/cut when others are charging $15/cut lowball and $45/cut bigger companies? or do you cut more than 20 times a season?

cenlo

LawnSite Senior Member
I base all cuts on 24/season and a 3000ft2 lawn would be min. $30.00-$35.00. They pay per season and extra over 24 cuts. If you are insured, with equipment this should be a min. If you start lower it will take you years to get the prices up.