• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Pricing lawn for fert appl.

j.brk32

LawnSite Member
Hello Everyone Iam wondering how you guys get your pricing
for a fertilizing program? Mine consists of 6 apps.
Early spring - pre - e
spring - fert plus liquid weed killer
summer- fert w/5.5% iron slow release
late summer- fert plus spot spraying for remaining weeds
fall 1- aereate
fall 2- fert
I have been told people charge by the sq. ft and what would that be. Thanks and hope this makes sense? Brock

Bluejays

LawnSite Member
I charge $35 for a lawn 1000 square feet. $45 for 2000 square feet, and around $50 for 3000 square feet.

Hope that helps

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by j.brk32
Hello Everyone Iam wondering how you guys get your pricing
for a fertilizing program? Mine consists of 6 apps.
Early spring - pre - e
spring - fert plus liquid weed killer
summer- fert w/5.5% iron slow release
late summer- fert plus spot spraying for remaining weeds
fall 1- aereate
fall 2- fert
I have been told people charge by the sq. ft and what would that be. Thanks and hope this makes sense? Brock
I know its nice to get opinions on what other companies charge for similar services, but no one can answer this question for you,

why

because you gotta know your costs, indirect and direct before you can come up with prices for your services then you must decide how much profit you want Or need to make, then you can come up with prices for your services.

Then when you come up with what you think you need to charge compare those numbers with others in your area and adjust so you can compete.

oakhill2000

LawnSite Member
I charge a specific price per bag applied of a specific product. Like basic fertilizer with preemegence. I charge $35 per bag applied. Depending on the product depends on the price applied. But like was already said you have to figure out for yourself what you are paying for the product and how long it takes you to apply and figure if you are making enough to pay for your labor and the product. Also everyone applies differently so prices may vary depending on the application type or what product they are using. I am not that big into fertilizing so I just use basic granular fertilizers and pesticides. I don't use sprayes at all, except small applications like roundup on stone walkways and such. Goodluck