Pricing on beds/pine straw/mulch install

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
Which one looks like natural edge? And no, I'm not sure if I know how to recut the edge and clean it up. Square shovel?
All of the beds from both houses have natural edges, except that one surrounded by concrete. A nice cleaned up edge will do wonders. It will give it a sharp crisp transition to the turf. Square shovel would work. Or a bed redefiner attachment if you happen to have either stihl or echos kombi set ups.

OP
M

Marshall Reid

LawnSite Member
Yeah since the mulch place is 10 minutes from my home, or delivery if it's more than a couple yards. I can spread 2 yards in an hour off my trailer if it is a short wheelbarrow run on flat ground by myself.

I have a pickup truck and a utility trailer that I use to haul my lawn mowing equipment. It only has rails on the sides (the sides are open), so that leaves just the pickup truck to put mulch in. I see that a pickup will usually hold about 3 cubic yards of mulch. You mentioned delivery. Do some places deliver the mulch?

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
I have a pickup truck and a utility trailer that I use to haul my lawn mowing equipment. It only has rails on the sides (the sides are open), so that leaves just the pickup truck to put mulch in. I see that a pickup will usually hold about 3 cubic yards of mulch. You mentioned delivery. Do some places deliver the mulch?

You can put plywood sides on your trailer. Get some treated plywood and rip it into 2 ft width. I used u bolts from hardware store and drilled holes in the wood where the u bolt would go around the vertical upright on the trailer and through the wood. Place flat piece on the u bolt and tighten it down. Try excess length off the bolts. I did that all last year on my little 5x10 trailer. Looked kind of trashy but worked perfect. I could get 2 scoops in it.

Wet dyed mulch can weigh around 800-1000lbs per scoop, so watch your weight rating.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
No from friggin way are you getting 3yrds of mulch on a smaller pickup. I can get 2yrds/scoops on my 5x10 trailer with 2ft sides like young suggested.

Top Forums