• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Pricing out a commercial job

DPM

LawnSite Member
I was woundering if somebody could help me out with this,I don't want to loose my shirt,but I want to get my foot in the door. It's a bank we have here in town,it has roughly 200,000ft. of exposed land that needs to be mowed. I was figuring 2hrs. to mow this. I will be using my Scag with a 61" deck,and Iwas figuring on 26 mows for the season. Also the company from last year mulched the beds,should I include a new mulching for this year or just rake it over to make it look nice?
I was also woundering about the sand that gets on the lawn from the winter,should I figure on renting a sweeper for the lawn to remove the sand as well as sweeping up the parking lot?
I have a pretty good idea of the cost of the trimming,they also want to have it fertilized 2x's a year thats alot of fert, how do I price that as well.
Thanks, Todd

OP
D

DPM

LawnSite Member
22 reviews, not 1 reply!

I really want to get some commercial accounts, but need some help along the way as far as bidding. Any input is greatly appeciated!

70chevelleSS

LawnSite Member
DPM,
Try chargeing by the man hour.
I dont know how you bid know but that is how I and the big boy's charge.
30...40...$per. man hour
2 people 60 an hour and so on.
Ask the customer if they want the mulch redone
and the sand will get rid of it's self after a rain or 2

specialtylc

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think you are going to short your self on the mowing time. I would figure acre per hour to mow.Thats over 4.5 acres. I might only charge $50 an acre to fert. but i use a ride on fert. machine so not much labor . As for the mulch I would ask the bank what they wanted.

sodzilla

LawnSite Member
price it per man hour. Fert $3 per 1,000 sqf. 200 X $3 = $600 per ap.

IndyPropertyCare

LawnSite Member
15-25.00 per acre ( Mow & trim )

139.00 per acre to fert ( with a 4step app. )

40-50.00 per yd. of A grade mulch ( installed )

*** Based on the 4.5 acres, anything less and the price goes up 10-15%

Oh...by the way, these are not my prices... just the average for our area.