1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Trailer Parks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pyrocare, Feb 14, 2002.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I am bidding on a some of the properties for a property manager. Most of them are apartment complexes, but one is a trailer park. They have an all or none policy, so if I want to do the apartments I will have to do the trailer park also. I have already done a search and didn't find quite what I was looking for. I do have the proper equiptment to do it also so that is not a problem.

My question is, how do you guys price a full trailer park? Do you figure that you will probably have some extra wear and tear on the equiptment than you would normally? Or do you just figure it like you would normally figure?

It is all flat with no obsticles other than the trailers that are there.

Thank you

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never mowed or bid on a trailer park but I have some buddy's that mow one. From what they tell me, you should spray Round-up around all the trailers or else you weedeaters will tear the underpins all to hell. Be prepared to pick up alot of trash and toys left on the yards. It took 2 guys 16 man hours to mow and they charged $600. Good luck!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

3. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

This isn't a huge trailer park, it might take my about 3 hours at most.

Luckly most of the trails have been pulled out of the park since they ar trying to clean it up.