1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jeffslawnservice, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if there is a websit for trailer like theres is for cars. (Kelly Blue Book) I am not really to sure on the price of trailers. If there is a website can you let me know thanks. The trailer I am looking at is a 2004 6x12 enclosed Carmate. side door, back ramp, new spare tire. The guy is asking 2500 is this a good deal or not. Thanks again.

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I am pretty sure there is a "blue book" for trailers, but to be sure, just call a trailer dealer, they would know for sure, or a bank would also have this book. I think it is tied in to the equipment blue book?

3. jeffslawnservice

Ok thanks. I'll have to look it up.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Look up a similar trailer in the bargin trader or craigslist and see what they are going for locally.

Don't call a trailer dealer and ask for an opinion on a price thats not gonna help you any.

5. jeffslawnservice

The trailer is from craigslist. But a few similar ones on there went for any where from $2200-$2800 so I guess its a decent price. If I can get him down to $2500 I'll be happy. Thanks for the input.

6. overtime mp

overtime mp LawnSite Member

For a 12ft that seems high I can get a 16ft closed for 3200 new
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

size isn't everything. You can get 6x12 that's sturdy, or one than flaps in the wind. Compare the price of a new trailer of the same model with the used one.

8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

You can get an enclosed 16ft brand new for $3200? Whats the company if you do not mind? what brand of trailer? I would be very interested in these! Pm me if you want.

9. overtime mp

overtime mp LawnSite Member

Trailer is a cargo mate I think its what's at my dealer in town. Ill check again to.
    Posted via Mobile Device