1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing vinyl fencing?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by NYRookie, May 26, 2003.

1. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I have a mowing/snowplowing customer who wants me to install 54' of the 6' high vinyl fencing, 48' straight, 6' at a 90degree. I will have my cousin who is a carpenter help me with the install. I would like to know how long will it take 2 guys to install this? I told them they were looking at about $500 - $600 for the install alone. The material cost is about $900. Am I in the ballpark? Any comments from guys that have installed this would be appreciated.

2. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

I have a friend who install's it all the time at $45.00 per FOOT. I installed a small one a few weeks ago, it is not hard and we ran about 43.00 per foot. Do not be afraind to mark it up good, its not hard but it is still a pain in the *****.

3. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

Harleyman, I am guessing that is the cost of material and labor? I will only make about $30/ft on this one, but I will up it for the future.

4. Harleyman

Harleyman LawnSite Member
    from NY

Yes Material and Labor. Due a good job with it and you may find more work for the stuff. I am not a fencing fan natural is much better but it does have its place.