1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

pricing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skurkp, Oct 26, 2005.

1. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

Is anyone doing gutter clean-outs? I have been asked to do a couple and don't really know how to price them. I charge by the man hour at $25 per man per hour with a two hour min. Some people are ok and some freak out. How is everyone else charging for this?

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i charge a flat rate of 10 $ if i have to get on the roof. use a hand blower-it only takes a few mins

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

that is way too low. we charge 1.00 per ft. that includes disposal. we charge $1.50 if its a 2 story house. what do you charge if you don't have to get on the roof? FREE?:p

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

This is how we do it.....let them get on the roof themselves if its too much...

5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

This year my min. has been $65.00. I figure that it's worth that to get the latter off and risk falling off. If it's a big job, I charge 100 an hour if the roofs a 6/12 150 an hour for 2 story.

Hope that helps, littlenic:waving:

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with you... I don't do gutters due to fear of heights but around here the going rate is between 40-60 for single stories and 60 on up for 2 stories. I'd say average is 60-75 but these aren't the most current prices, just a guideline.

Just for fun bit:
    I did learn one interesting thing over time - MONEY calms my nerves. It's true, if I HAVE to go up high someplace despite the fact I just TOLD the customer I don't do heights due to fear (well some insist), I learned to go up in price inside my head until the fear subsides (and it always does, lol, sooner or later). Most of the time I don't get the job lol, but I haven't had many people INSIST I climb after I tell them I don't do heights lately hehehe...