Pricing

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2008.

1. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Anyone ever try to bid your way out of a job? Looked at one today that was out of my comfort zone area wise. A large red maple single phase power to the north side, house service on the West side, house to the south, and deck and plantings the the east and under the tree. Where do I land stuff :confused::confused:. He wants a to lighten the tree to reduce risk of storm damage and I suggested 3 cables. Oh did I mention the tree is behind the house, and a narrow gate. I told the guy 500 to trim (I think 2 hrs, way over bid) and 800 for the cables (3 cables 2 hrs). I didnt want it. He looked at me and said "When can you do it?" Damb. Ill have to tell my buddy to stop recomending me so well.:rolleyes:

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

My bid was double what I normally get to do a job like this. I thought that would push it away. It will be a good pay day when I do it though.

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Holly Cr*p. Thats alot. I should have done that and I wouldnt have to do it for sure. That sounds like someone had more money than brains.:eek: