• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Pricing

Jim Corcoran

LawnSite Member
This has probably been asked many times,but,how do you all price your bids? I mean you go to a prospects site,look at the job,how do you come up with a price. What is the going rate nowadays? I am in Mi,if that makes a difference,and usually things need to get mowed once a week. We usually will trim and blow. It is just my son and me. I have priced jobs to whatever I thought was fair,but would really like to know some formulas,for may size,time,effort needed? I don't know. How do you price your jobs?

LoneStarLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Eventually we'll run out of topics to talk about so it would help to just reply instead of just telling him to do a search..(but I understand your point)..especially since there is alot of new people on here...I for one would like to hear the new people's ideas.

I for one base my price on obstacles, acreage, mileage, (miles to job) plus time (time I think it will take to perform the job). I try to estimate at about 40 man/hr of labor using equipment and 20 man/hr for hands on labor (no-equipment).