Prize lawn ps200 transmission replacement trouble

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Turftec2018, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Turftec2018

Turftec2018 LawnSite Member

Hello thanks in advance for any help. Was wondering if anyone knows if the transmission on a prize lawn seeder is the same transmission on other equipment or was it built just for prize lawn. I would be surprised if it was. The problem I’m having is prize lawn was bought by eartway and they don’t carry any parts for my machine.
    I found one but it cost $1500. If I had the peerless transmission part number it would help but all I have is the part number for prizelawn.
    I don’t mind spending 1500 because I took a chance on this for $80 today. Looks like it was never used and someone never cleaned it and fertilizer ate up the aluminum transmission housing. This happened to a permagreen I had years ago. Oh yea the prize lawn part number doesn’t cross with anything I can find. Thanks again for any help.

2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Any pictures of the unit?
    Any other numbers on it?

sjessen likes this.
  3. Turftec2018

Hort101
    I just picked it up today and looked for model number and ss number but couldn’t find them. I have a zmax and love it. I like the idea of a simple ride on broadcast machine but don’t like the price of the Lesco seems kinda expensive for not being stainless. I saw this at a repair shop and they were goin to put it the scrap pile so I took a chance for 80 bucks.

hort101 likes this.
  4. Turftec2018

Prize lawn part number 16221

5. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

sjessen likes this.
  6. Turftec2018

Thanks I will pull the transmission soon and post some pictures. Once I get it apart maybe it will have a stamp or some kind of markings on it.