1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with H2B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by absolutelawnman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

I apologize for not searching for previous threads, however I am interested in knowing how many companies have had problems with getting their H2B employees from Mexico.

I have several friends in the industry that have received their employees and have filed the paperwork around the same time as me, and I have some that have filed their paperwork long after I had and are getting the same exact information I am.

I understand that the visa limit has been met, but I was assured by the company I had hired (and that advertises on this site) that I had made the deadline, however the Mexican Consulate is backed up. Which I can understand, however I was told to expect them by March 15, and then I was told by April 3, then I was informed around April 15 and now I am being told we are just going to have to wait and see.

The problem we are two months into our busy season and I have had to hire unexpected indidviduals, fill the house I had vacant, and not to know what I am going to do for the remainder of the season.

Now, it may seem a fluke, however one of my best buddies has run into the same problems as me with the company I had referred to them (off this site), while our other friends have received their employees.

Anyone else with the visas, or companies they have used.