Prodiamine 65 wdg split application success?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 17, 2019.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Have you guys had good success doing split applications of prodiamine 65 wdg? I plan on doing two applications of crabgrass control here in the Northern parts. At what rate are you applying per thousand square feet with success?

2. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Senior Member

Pick the length of control desired via the label and split that amount over two apps applied 8-10 weeks apart. Split apps are becoming an industry standard. Many studies have shown increased efficacy and control.

3. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Wow this isn't the Original Ant is it ? Perhaps "son of Ant" ? Maybe you just hacked Ants account ? Welcome back Man.....been a long time since I've seen your signature....Now Ric needs to show up ! For you Youngsters this guy is OG Props for this one boys.....

ant likes this.
  4. DITCHDIGGIN

DITCHDIGGIN LawnSite Member

Yes, I have good success doing 2 split apps using Prodiamine 65WDG . For the most part everything is done with a Zmax but a few steep places are done using a skid. I'll put down .18 Lbs./Acre each app with a 6-8 week interval starting end of April to beginning of May. This is on nice, well maintained, irrigated yards that we mow weekly and also didn't have any crabgrass issues the previous summer. On my own personal yard I only put down 1 app at .13 Lbs./Acre on the 1st of June and didn't have any issues. I don't think these rates would work if it was just a soso yard.

5. OP
    OP
    ant

Lol.. yep we were the originals! I still poke around now and then. Nice hearing from you

6. OP
    OP
    ant

Dutch: .18 oz per 1000 sf do you mean?

7. DITCHDIGGIN

DITCHDIGGIN LawnSite Member

No. That would be the .50 Lbs. or 8oz/Acre rate and that is what I would use if only doing 1 app. I'm at around 3oz/Acre doing 2 split apps and starting a little later than most. The rate I use probably wouldn't work if starting early April or not a nice yard. I don't need to prevent crabgrass from growing in April or the beginning of May since it doesn't normally germinate here until sometime in June. As far as I'm concerned the pre-emergent control timeframe is being wasted if put down to early.

ant likes this.
  8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Chicago

This is how I do it.