1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Prodiamine and Trimec Southern question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by marc417, Sep 21, 2012.

1. marc417

marc417 LawnSite Member

I live in NC. I sprayed my centipede lawn this spring with Prodiamine and Trimec Southern . I was wondering if it is safe and practical to spray my lawn now with the same 2 chemicals mentioned above. I missed my summer post emergent app.. Thanks guys

2. marc417

marc417 LawnSite Member

I dont want to harm my grass being my main concern.. Any assistance is greatly appreciated

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

What does the label say for maximum amount per year?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. marc417

marc417 LawnSite Member

Trimec southern---- 1-1.5 pints per acre with a max of 3 pints per acre per app..max yearly is 6 pints.. i sprayed with 1.5 pints in the spring.. I was afraid the timing of putting down a post emergent in cooler temps in september in NC might harm my centipede lawn.. i do have some bermuda mixed in in some places

5. marc417

marc417 LawnSite Member

Prodiamine--- 1-2.30 lbs per acre per year.. I put out 1 lb in the spring

6. cgaengineer

1 pound per/a gets you 6 months control if I recall...I'd have to look, but I think you answered your own question.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cgaengineer

You are ok on the trimec too...you really shoul try Celcius on the centipede.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

What weeds are you seeing that you are putting the trimec down?
    Which weeds are you applying the prodiamine for?

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'd hold off as our temperatures are cooling down. I'd wait til and try not to spray while the centipede is transitioning to a semi-dormant state.

10. marc417

marc417 LawnSite Member

Crabgrass, clover dandelions etc. So u think it may harm the grass since we are close to ve transitioning to dormancy
    Posted via Mobile Device