1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Prodigy Brake Controller Not Working

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by milsaps118, May 8, 2008.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Everything worked up until I tested my brake-away. My controller kept flashing N/C (no connection) so I pulled over to see if the RV plug was in. It was all hooked up but I noticed that the pin that plugs into the little black box wasn't pushed in all the way. So I unplugged everything, and plugged it all back in and still have no power to the trailer brakes. I have lights but no brakes. Did I blow a fuse?

2. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

I have a Prodigy controller and had some problems with it, it sounds like your controller has gone bad, the good thing is that it has a lifetime warranty so contact takansha and go through the trouble shooting with a tech and if they cant fix it over the phone they will tell you to take it to your nearest dealer and get a new one.....

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

check that first and then test power to the box in and out then if that fails check your wires

4. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you mentioned that lifetime warranty, I totally forgot about that.

Sounds good...I'll have to dig out the trusty old volt meter.