1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Professional Landscaping Software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gilllawnservice, May 26, 2003.

1. gilllawnservice

gilllawnservice LawnSite Member

I am looking for landscape software. I see a lot of "Garbage" ware at your local best buy and compusa. What does the professional landscaper use? I cannot draw very well and would like the opportunity to take a pic of the clients house and modify with the software to show the expected result of the landscape.

Thanks for your help

GLS

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search.

DIG, Earthscapes Viual Impact (my choice), 3d landscape, et al.

3. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

I use Earthscapes..its great. DIG is ok... I've also tried ProLandscape and didnt like it. There are others too..like LSI (landscape illustrator which is more of a drawing program than photoimaging, but its nice if you can take the time to learn it.
    A less expensive program considered to be professional is "Grow It Gold" which I have..but I only use the drawing portion of the program because its very easy to use.

The stuff at Best Buy and other retailers cant compare