Profit & Loss Estimates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Steve, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Steve

Steve LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NE FL

Inputting expenses on Yardbook there is a note that says, "Estimation only. Actual profit and loss may vary due to sales tax figures."

Tax figures, does it refer to sales tax when you purchase something, meaning I go to buy blades and the subtotal is $x.xx and tax is $y.yy and I need to log each figure?

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

You need to read the next line below that.

If you need to generate a profit and loss standard report, we recommend a full accounting software such as Quickbooks.

Yardbook isn't accounting software it has a few features but will not go passed very simple accounting task.

Burnie likes this.
  3. BMWNJ

BMWNJ LawnSite Member

Quickbooks has a 50% off for 3 month offer right now. I just signed up for their lowest tier offering. $10/mo for the next 3 months then $20/mo after that.

I was messing around with WAVE and didn't like it. I've used QB in the past for a different business so there's some familiarity with it.

Steve likes this.
  4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

We use qb desktop pro. Onetime fee beats ongoing monthly payments imo.

Burnie likes this.
  5. Griffinlawn

Griffinlawn LawnSite Member

Does it come with payrol options

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

When you’re filling something like that the first time you need to take some educated guesses in the beginning.

Over time , you’ll know the real answers and can adjust with experience and collected data.

Steve likes this.
  7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Yes it does.