• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Program GPS for Route Stops

Atlantic Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a thumb drive to load the daily route onto a GPS ? For me it would be great just be able to load the stops and let the GPS route them from job to job. Are there any programs or apps to preload a days stops onto a GPS ?

PTP

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can put your route in to MS Streets and Trips. The higher end Garmin GPS will sync up with that.

OP
Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
It would seem that the software involved would be pretty straightforward. It could be used by carpet cleaners and pool companies as well as lawncare. I'll check on the Garmin site.

CLS LLC

LawnSite Senior Member
I've got a garmin nuvi that does multi point routing that I had planned on using for that specific purpose.

That being said, I don't use it. It's not very user friendly. You have to pick a specific start point and if you try to start from somewhere else it gets very confused and doesn't work properly. If you skip a property there is no way to tell it that. So if one day you change your route at all you would have to reset the whole thing.

Overall it isn't worth the time to get it to work. So what I ended up doing was just after one job, I know which one is next and I just search for that customer in the GPS and then press go and it will take me there, when I'm done there I move on to the next customer in the GPS. It works much better for me that way.