Lawn Care Forum banner
101 - 120 of 209 Posts
You must be in GI? If so, you may see me on Wednesdays here perty soon.
Whats with the code names? I use to live in SB, and sometimes worked in GI, and several other towns. Nice job on the van look forward to the finished product.

Discussion starter · #102 ·
Whats with the code names? I use to live in SB, and sometimes worked in GI, and several other towns. Nice job on the van look forward to the finished product.
No code words here. GI is what we/everybody call it. Grand Island is the name of the town.

No code words here. GI is what we/everybody call it. Grand Island is the name of the town.
Ya I figured that out use to work there, while living in Scottsbluff many years ago. I was just teasing you guys, I was with Burlington Northern based out of Alliance and traveled all over Nebraska, South Dakota etc. now I'm making the big bucks mowing lawns.:hammerhead: What was I thinking?

Discussion starter · #107 ·
We want some updates!!!!!!
Well, it still looks the same but I did get some more stuff gathered.

-I found some nice red marker lights for the rear of the sides. (13led each!)
-Got some more D-rings to mount crap down.
-I went to Menards and got a few new superCrappy gas cans. *mine have seen better days*

And between dodging rain drops today I was either mowing or watching my kids.

I will be mowing in the AM once again Thanks Rain! And won't really be able to work on it this weekend between my wife working and us going to a wedding.

The time I have available to work on this totally sucks.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
Safety chains seem like a great idea to me. I still think the ramp should stop at 90 degrees, not keep folding forward...
It will stop at 90, for all but two days of the week. I will have it forward when I go down the highway. I mow upwards of 30+ miles in three different directions from the town I live in and there is no way I'm not going to try and squeeze some extra mpg outta this thing. It is a no brainer that a shorter gate at highway speeds would be best, in my book anyways.

Safety chains seem like a great idea to me. I still think the ramp should stop at 90 degrees, not keep folding forward...
Agreed. I wouldn't want something stupid to happen and have the heavy gate fall on a piece of equipment.

Discussion starter · #113 ·
Agreed. I wouldn't want something stupid to happen and have the heavy gate fall on a piece of equipment.
There will be a stop made that will easily hold the ramp in place. You'll see!....sooner or later.

? How does using only one spring work, I know you said you could lift it with one arm but would it be safer to use tow. the cable inside the spring is a good idea. What size spring is that?

Nice job on all the work

Discussion starter · #115 ·
? How does using only one spring work, I know you said you could lift it with one arm but would it be safer to use tow. the cable inside the spring is a good idea. What size spring is that?

Nice job on all the work
I used one spring because I'm a tightwad. And yeah, it actually works pretty well. I bet it is equal to lifting a large bag of dog food. It is a 160lb spring. I'm not sure of the length or anything else.

I may try a rope instead of the spring. The cable was nothing but a PITA.

I also might add a second spring, but it will be the last thing I do. Other stuff is ahead of it on the to do list.

have you checked the local highway patrol for your requirments.... here any 1 Ton or larger truck with a commercial tag must place them on the front reguardless of the wheel configuration or length . I had a 10' box truck with a single wheel axle , i thought it was a 3/4 ton it has a H1 tag and i got stoped for it the 3rd day i drove it through town they may be different there.

On your dove tail part i know its removable but i was curious are you installing any side rails in that area??? why why not?

Discussion starter · #118 ·
have you checked the local highway patrol for your requirments.... here any 1 Ton or larger truck with a commercial tag must place them on the front reguardless of the wheel configuration or length . I had a 10' box truck with a single wheel axle , i thought it was a 3/4 ton it has a H1 tag and i got stoped for it the 3rd day i drove it through town they may be different there.

On your dove tail part i know its removable but i was curious are you installing any side rails in that area??? why why not?
I'm not sure I understand your question about the tag. In NE we have tags on both front and rear. And I have it tagged for 7tons too.

The dovetail will have sides. They will angle from the top of the bed sides to the top of the hinge point. If you draw a line at an angle, that is how simple they will be.

101 - 120 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.