Promaster 160Z Manual, deck lift inop

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Smokeless, May 19, 2019.

1. Smokeless

Smokeless LawnSite Member

Looking for a site we can download a repair manual for our Gravely, the deck lift inop. Model 992051, Serial # 000157

I suspect the culprit is in the picture and fingers crossed couple gears and good cleaning IMG_4106.jpg will get us back in operation.

If anyone can help we would be very appreciative.

Thanks, smokeless

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

Thanks, downloaded service manual. Title refers to 250 and 260: however, appears to be very similar if not identical. At first blush could not identify reference to charge pump, will also check parts manual. Thanks, this will get us started.

hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

I really appreciate the link, helps us allot to understand and work on our machine; however, i did not see what we are looking for.

If available, we would like an exploded view of the charge pump that regulates the raising/lowering the deck. Hoping their are a set of pump gears we could replace AND we are assuming they are faulty.

So, any leads please would be appreciated and helpful

Thanks

5. Walker56

Is there any mfg name or id numbers on the charge pump?

6. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

Did not see any numbers or letters stamped in plain sight, but we have not removed it either. We will take it off and look closer. Probably wont happen till this weekend, be in touch then, thanks a ton

7. Walker56

I know this is probably not your unit, but take a look at the internals and description of charge pump. May give you some insight
    https://www.hydro-gear.com/d0eaa38ffa_sites/hydro-gear.com/files/BLN-52503_P10.pdf

8. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

Most certainly gives us some insight, helps. We on this end have some work to do.....be back in a couple days...your a wealth of info

9. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

Back on pump probably tomorrow. Hope to have top off and be looking for stamped numbers/letters. Thanks....

Walker56 and hort101 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Smokeless

Eureka!!!! Found manufature and some numbers::::

Hydro Gear
    809 10A801

Also 2309 P4019

Was on the side of the pump.

Hopefully this info will lead to Gerotor gears in top of pump as afore listed. Appreciate help

Thanks